2005-03-24

Digital variations

I embarked on a long journey in January of 2004.

Those of you who read regularly my posts in Crucial Talk are witnessing my passing through the different stages of that "ARTSENSE" journey. Basically this ARTSENSE journey consists of the following:

1. ARTSENSE acrylics series.
First 25 are terminated. My program is to complete a series of 42. At 9 hours a day and 6 days on average per painting, this means that I still need 17 more weeks to complete that acrylics series...

2. ARTSENSE books.
Out of necessary re-re-readings, this book is terminated and is 305 pages long. Instead of adding always new chapters to that already long work I decided to continue my theoretical explorations further in a second book. I basically terminated two third of that second work that I titled "PAINTING" and that is already over 100 pages long. You could follow the first draft of that work in my PAINTING Posts... I have to confess that I finally tired of painting and of writing that's how a few days ago I landed, absolutely unconsciently (no it's not a joke), in the 3rd leg of that long journey that now became so much longer longer...

3. Digital variations on my ARTSENSE acrylic paintings.
A few days ago I was playing with the GIMP (open source imaging software similar to photoshop at the only difference that the GIMP is absolutely free of charge and also of superior quality in my view).
I was playing with the photos of my ARTSENSE acrylics and fast discovered things that pleased me so much that I got stuck behind the computer for a few days, ...in the end I got a series of digital variations of my first painting, this digital processing was absolutely amazing and also so much relaxing. That's how, step by step, I came to this idea to realize 12 variations of each of my ARTSENSE paintings...
The fastest mathematical processors among you already calculated that this job is 42 paintings times 12 variations long, meaning that I embarked in an adventure of 504 digital works...
I plan to give those digital variations in the form of Limited Edition prints (8 x 1`2" and 01/25).
I terminated the first 60 digital variations. Those of you who are interested to see what's the outcome can go to:
Laodan Acrylics digital variations
Click on "digital variations" down the page and you'll enter the slide show... to progress click the arrows....


Your comments are more than welcome I'm indeed curious to know about the reactions towards my work coming out of that world that I sometimes feel is so far from me, I mean human society....

No comments:

Post a Comment