2019-09-13

Organic Art Manifesto


I just published the first version of my "Organic Art Manifesto". Its present form is a customization in book form of my last 7 blog posts titled "Organic art  =  the patterns of life" . Later I'll further edit the text. In the meantime I would be grateful to anyone for any suggestions or critiques. Please use the comment section or the mail-form.

http://laodan.byethost7.com/pdf/organic.pdf
Click on image to read or download the PDF (free)


The motivations for such a manifesto are summed up, as follows, in the preface:

"Western societies have atomized and lost any semblance of cohesion. The numerous side-effects of Modernity are suddenly converging into the 6th mass extinction of life on earth. The governance-world is in a deep crisis and populations start to awake to the reality of the Late-Modern predicament of humanity. We observe that capitalism is eating life but we are impotent.

As artists we have witnessed how postmodernism opened the culture to the rise of neoliberalism and how this ended with the madness of Late-Modernity. To keep our sanity, as artists, we surf on the patterns of life as our subject-matter and on beauty as the form of our works. Me me me is definitely out of the window.

Artists now focus on their craft which is to flow on the patterns of life while adjusting their combinations of lines, forms and colors until they are satisfied of their truthfulness. Such a return to the origins of art is called organic art ! "




I plan now to terminate two series of posts that I interrupted previously:
  • What's going on here ?
  • From Modernity to After-Modernity. Book 3. Divination

Next post on October the 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment