2004-09-27

Modern art 36: ARTSENSE 011


Acryl011. Sound waves.

DETAIL 1


DETAIL 2


DETAIL 3


DETAIL 4


The slide-show of all the acrylics of my ARTSENSE serie has been installed, if interested click
show
___________________________________

One of my preferred visual art forms are micro and macro photographies.
Micro photography zooms towards the infinitely small through the lenses of a microscope and macro photography zooms towards the infinitely large through the lenses of a telescope. Those images are generally stunning even if they are taken by scientists. Beautifull in visual terms and as intriguing as they might be, they represent images of our reality. Those interested to see some good scientific images can go to my weblog "The air of our times" and go to to the post titled "Science art of seeing" dated September 25th, 2004.

Here we discover that our reality is far wider than what our eyes give us to see. This should be an awakener for the proponents of realism in arts. The realists want first degree pictures at the image of what our eyes give us to see. But what our eyes let us see is only a tiny fraction of what there is to see. So their proposition is to limit our description to a tiny fraction of reality. In other words, they want us to stay in the past.
No thanks my friends, I want to be here today because what happens today gives me the instruments to see deeper and to better understand what reality is all about.

Art is the representation of the signs of that better understanding of reality. It always has been so and we have all interest to come back to that understanding if we don't want to remain stuck in total confusion.

A few months ago I saw a program on the net that transforms musical pieces into visual representations but I found the images very much unidimensional and very poor at meaning something. This, I guess, is what made me realize this "Sound waves". Those interested to see some "music images" can go to my weblog "The air of our times" and go to to the post titled "Graphical music notations" dated September 14th, 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment