2005-01-09

From Crucial talk to ARTSENSE.

I started the first chapter of ARTSENSE with the question about the artist's need for financial compensation of the time he inputs into his work. Having been a first eye witness, during the seventies and beginning of the eighties, of the extreme misery where an artist can eventually find himself in our merchandization societies I decided not to let myself become the prey of the good will of the market.

My personal approach has then been to make myself financially self-sufficient before to restart painting in 2000. Since my return to painting I guess I spent well over 10,000 hours painting and writing without ever having been subjected to the agonies of having to sell something for covering the expenses of my family. This has assuredly given me peace of mind and total freedom to dwell where and when I wanted as well in painting as in writing.

The market has never been one of my considerations and now that I arrive at the end of this book I can say that nothing has changed. Writing has been a great experience enabling me to clarify my ideas and to discover where those ideas could be leading to.
I'm satisfied that my conclusions are keeping strong and I have the feeling that the long haul historical vision expressed along ARTSENSE has the potential to help anyone in clarifying what visual arts are all about, in any case, it sheds light in my own head and as such the writing experience is positive enough.

I started, in March of 2003, to publish the first draft of my ideas in this blog that now totals some 140 posts. Later I reworked my posts into ARTSENSE. It makes no doubt that I hope to make this book available for all those who could be interested by its content.

I have no clue as to how my PDF version will be received by publishers but somehow I don't care, for, if there is no paper version I'm sure of one thing and that is that this book will always make it in the form of an e-book.
Time will tell this story later.
Now if someone among you who read this post knows how publishing works, I would appreciate to read any advice about how to do with my manuscript in order for it to be published. Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment